12 Months – 1350 Clock Hours
The Practical Nursing (PN) program prepares graduates to use specialized knowledge, skills and essential competencies to meet the health needs of clients in a variety of healthcare delivery systems under the direction of a qualified health professional. The student will be prepared for entry level practical nursing positions as a licensed practical nurse.
End of Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will be able to:
- Use the Integrated Processes throughout the care of the client
- Contribute to the enhancement of the health care delivery setting and protects clients and health care personnel
- Provide nursing care that incorporates knowledge of expected growth development, and prevention and/or early detection of health problems
- Assist with promotion and support of emotional, mental, and social wellbeing of clients
- Assist promotion of physical health and well-being by providing care and comfort, reducing risk potential for clients, and assist with management of health alternations
- Demonstrate core competencies related to delivery of nursing care to clients across the lifespan
- Obtain licensure as a practical nurse
The Healthcare Management program is not programmatically accredited.
This program is offered web enabled as concurrent teaching to dual audiences: synchronous recorded classes.